San Jose, CA, USA
GigNow leverages an innovative approach in developing a network of top contractor talent, with an advanced technology platform, a fast and easy process and dedicated team. We enable the most sought-after contractor talent in the world to quickly find the right “gigs” and make an immediate impact.
GigNow is part of Ernst & Young (EY) Global Innovation Ventures: Startup-like tech companies that aim to build a better working world.
As a Designer, you will work closely with product management and engineering to create the user experience that will power the firm into the future and change the way we do business, enter new markets, and serve clients. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product or service to iterating on changes post-launch.
You own the user experience for your product and team and will be expected to be fluent in all of the product’s design, including interaction design and visual design.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Collaboration with other designers, product managers, developers and key stake holders to drive the end-user experience.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something valuable and useful for product end-users.
- Must be able to think through complex workflows and data models, and understand business rules.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and visual and interaction design specs for web, email & mobile.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design reviews, continuous collaboration & demos.
- Assess and make necessary judgment calls between user experience and developer efforts
- Design user research studies and review analytics to determine how to improve the user experience.
- Provide design thought leadership and monitor market trends and competition.
- Mentor other designers as well as doing fantastic design work yourself.
- Act as a business advisor to clients, product/project managers, engineers’ producers, and other project requesters on the most effective approaches and methods of design that will affect the end-user experience.
- Ability to relay visual specifications to engineering team (leveraging sketches, story boards, wireframes, process flows, etc.).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related fields
- 7-10 years’ experience designing compelling user interfaces
- Prior experience designing consumer and enterprise software preferred
- Experience with tools like Sketchapp, Abstract & Invisionapp or equivalent
- Ability to use tools like FramerJS, Adobe After Effects to create animations
- Experience designing for a global audience
- Experience with designing Saas application.
- Working in Agile development environment